- December 2 Gov. Blagojevich announces more Keep Warm Illinois Home Energy Workshops to be held at community colleges statewide
- November 22 Gov. Blagojevichís Keep Warm Illinois campaign urges people to use caution when heating homes this winter
- November 16 Keep Warm Illinois campaign workshops to held at Menards statewide on Saturday
- November 15 Governor Blagojevich signs landmark legislation to provide comprehensive health coverage for every uninsured child in Illinois
- November 14 Keep Warm Illinois home energy workshops to be held at community colleges statewide
- November 10 Gov. Blagojevich announces the winners of the 2005 annual Governorís Home Town awards
- November 1 Gov. Blagojevich Makes Winter Heating Grants Available Today. Urges Eligible Households to Apply Early
- October 31 Gov. Blagojevich Launches the Keep Warm Illinois Campaign to Prepare State Residents for this Winterís Record Home Heating Costs
- October 26 Governor Blagojevich opens new State Emergency Operations Center in Springfield
- October 11 Department on Aging inducts four into Senior Hall of Fame and presents Governorís Unique Achievement Awards
- October 11 Illinois Utilities Agree to Gov. Blagojevichís Request to Waive Reconnection and Deposit Fees for Low-Income Households. Agreement will maximize the benefits of LIHEAP funding intended to keep thousands of vulnerable Illinoisans warm this winter
- October 1 Gov. Blagojevich announces Medicare prescription drug plan partnerships for Illinois Cares Rx. The Governorís Illinois Cares Rx Caravan to make 130 more stops in October and November to help Seniors and Disabled make informed decisions about prescription drug coverage
- September 8 Gov. Blagojevich proclaims September as Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Announces $300,000 in grants to local health departments to offer screening and education to highest risk communities
- August 30 Gov. Blagojevich to Make Winter Heating Grants Available September 1. High Home Heating Bills Anticipated this Year. Home Heating Bills Expected to be Higher, Vulnerable Households Advised to Take Steps Before Winter Heating Season
- August 23 Gov. Blagojevich signs legislation to make nursing homes safer. New law requires criminal background checks for more employees at long-term facilities
- August 19 Governor Blagojevich signs law improving safety in high-rise buildings
- August 15 Blagojevich Administration Launches Illinois Cares Rx Caravan to Travel Statewide Ensuring No Illinois Senior or Person with Disability Will be Left Behind Under the Federal Prescription Drug Program
- July 18 Gov. Blagojevich and partners in I-SaveRx drug importation program announce major supply expansion. Illinois releases results of comprehensive study of pharmaceutical systems in Australia and New Zealand
- July 15 News About New State, Federal Drug Benefits for Seniors at Illinois Building during State Fair. "Senior Day" Set for Aug. 15
- July 8 Governor signs laws to help increase colorectal cancer awareness and to help fund sarcoidosis research
- July 1 Gov. Blagojevich signs law to fund more Diabetes research
- June 29 Gov. Blagojevich signs "No Senior Left Behind" law. New law fills gaps created by federal drug benefits program
- June 27 Gov. Blagojevich signs law to help raise awareness about one of the top 10 leading causes of death. Illinois Department of Public Health to create Chronic Kidney Disease awareness progra
- June 20 Gov. Blagojevich praises Illinoisans generosity, announces nearly $200,000 for Alzheimerís research grants
- June 14 Gov. Blagojevich signs law giving Illinoisans greater access to information about health care costs
- May 13 Gov. Blagojevich honors Illinoisí seniors as he proclaims Older Americans Month in Illinois.
Celebration underscores the stateís leadership in providing health care, prescriptions, independent living and other protections to seniors
- May 9 Gov. Blagojevich spotlights womenís health issues.
State celebrates 10th Anniversary of Illinois Breast and Cervical Cancer Program
- April 20 Governor Blagojevich announces new funding to expand Senior Health Insurance Program outreach
- April 7 Governor Blagojevich welcomes baseball great Ernie Banks to his Illinois Rx Buying Club team
- March 25 More Seniors Receiving Assistance from Stateís HelpLine
February 16 Gov. Blagojevich continues rebalancing stateís long-term health care system (FY06 Budget)
- January 28 Gov. Blagojevich calls on FDA to improve responsiveness, work with states to avoid future shortages and crises
- January 6 Gov. Blagojevich Calls on Canadian Prime Minister Martin to Strengthen Regulations of Mail-Order Pharmacies Rather Than Cutting Off Access to Millions of Americans
- January 5 Governors Blagojevich and Doyle Urge Bush Administration to Take Action on Possible Restriction of Prescription Drugs From Canada
For more information, call the Illinois Department on Aging's Senior HelpLine.
Some files on this site are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. You may download a FREE copy of Adobe Acrobat by clicking the logo below.
PDF Accessibility Tools
The above links for Adobe Acrobat will open a new browser window.